Tuesday 31 July 2007

More Research Required

I am always amazed when I look at the websites of some other writers by the places that they submit work to. How do they know about all of these markets and magazines? I've never heard of half of them. I think - no - I know that I need to research possible markets more. It's a small enough pond as it is without me ignoring a great chunk of it. (Okay, I know you can't have a chunk of water but you know what I mean.)
Also I'm confused about whether I should submit more to non paying outlets. I have read that especially when you are learning your craft that you should build up your portfolio by getting published wherever you can. I have also read that to give away your work is to devalue it. I suppose that I have to decide which I want more.

No comments: