Wednesday 1 August 2007

Another Lesson Learned

My writing work space is wherever I happen to be sat at any given time. I think that I 've said before, and if I haven't I'll tell you now, I do almost all of my first draft writing in long hand with a pen in a note pad, book or whatever is to hand. These various bits of scribblings and musings then get shoved (filed) in my desk (big belly laugh here as my "desk" is actually a 3 drawer Ikea unit which the printer and my lap top live on top of.) Any bits and pieces that I come across in the various magazines that I read are also filed there.
Today I decided to clear my desk of anything that shouldn't be in there. Amongst the things that I threw out were three first draft copies of short stories that have already been types and in two cases submitted to magazines, two out of date competiion entry forms and the 2005 edition of The Writers and Artists Yearbook.
I think that it's time I developed a better filing system.

No comments: