Saturday 28 February 2009

So far and plans for March

Is it really March tomorrow? Time to set myself a new target.
So far this year I have submitted 11 bits of work, 5 in January and 6 in February. Sadly 3 of them have been rejected.
1. The WW competition entry with the critique by Sue Moorcroft.
2. A tip in TaB where I got the email response that made it easier to take.
3. A story that I sent to The Yellow Room where I received feedback saying that my characterisation was good.
The other 5 stories, 2 articles and 1 poem(or rather 6 poems as a showcase) are still out there.
In addition to my submissions, the first rewrite of BTL has been completed and the first 10 chapters are currently with my "reader" and I am awaiting feedback.
That's not bad - for me anyway.
So in March, to earn my reward I will submit 7 pieces of work (comes after 5 and 6 so seems sort of logical) and start work on the next phase of BTL. That second part might seem a bit wishy washy but I'm not sure what the next stage will be. I don't know if I will need to go through the whole thing again or if I should concentrate on the things I noted that I wanted to change. Either way I said that I would give myself 2 weeks off it so that I can look at it with a fresh perspective. That means that I won't be looking at it until next Sunday at the earliest.
I won't be doing anything much today though. Himself is taking me out for a little retail therapy (so what if it's only soil and paint - not for the same job I hasten to add) and then a spot of lunch. It's to help cheer me up after baby bird's departure yesterday. Himself is such a lovely man and I am so lucky.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Colette McCormick said...

In case anyone is wondering about the deleted comment it was from someone that I didn't know offering a link to web templates. It may well have been okay but I wasn't willing to take the risk that one of you good people would click on the link and find yourself catching something unsavoury.

Annie Wicking said...

Hi GBW, This is the real Annie here. I won't be changing my photograph next to my name so you will know it's me who posting the comments on your blog.

Thank you for all your kindness.

Karen said...

Sounds like you're doing well so far :o) I try and have several pieces 'out there' at any one time, so there's always hope!

Colette McCormick said...

I agree Karen, while there is something "out there" I can always hope. Good luck with what you've got "out there" at the moment.
Thanks for the nod about your photo Annie. That way we'll all know who we are talking to. When I read those other posts from goodness knows who I thought you were ill because they just didn't sound like you. I didn't think you would be so sloppy about spelling or grammar. Any idea what on earth was going on? I don't like the idea that someone can hijack a blog. We need a word from the Captain - he's know what was going on.
Take care.