Wednesday 18 February 2009

A different viewpoint

Last week when I was banging on my rewrite of BTL (for a change - sorry about that) Captain Black asked if it had been read by a "trusted reader." Well it will be now. Some time ago a dear friend that I trust read the first 3 chapters and gave me some feedback which I took into consideration and prompted me to change a few things. She did say that she would like to read more when I was ready to show her so today I gave her the first 10 chapters. I'll let you know what she thinks when she gets back to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to be of service, though I have to admit that I nicked the idea from Stephen King after reading On Writing.

Colette McCormick said...

He knows a thing or two that Stephen. Actually it's really difficult for me to send the manuscript to anyone that I know. Even though my reader and I have been friends for over 30 years I'm really nervous about sending it to her. I so want her to like it.

Annie Wicking said...

Good luck! But I would rather have my friend of 30years tell me its rubbish than tell me its wonderful because she thinks that what I want to hear.

best wishes,
Annie

Colette McCormick said...

my friend used to commission artists so she's used to being objectives and I know that she won't let our friendship get in the way of that. Plus she's rubbish at lieing.