Tuesday 18 August 2009

Inspiration where are you?

In the past few weeks I haven't done a lot of writing. I've spent some time editing BTL but that's all. The last couple of days though I have started thinking about new stuff. I worked on an article last night that I'd had rolling over in my head for a few days. It still needs editing and tweaking but I'm pretty happy with the first draft. Then tonight I have been researching another article that came to mind as Himself and Number 2 Son were watching the football.
I'm struggling to come up with ideas for short stories at the moment.
Oh well, I always said that I wanted to write more non fiction.
I'm trying really hard to write every day because I think that I use the "I'm too busy/tired etc " excuse too easily. I mean I am busy and I am tired when I come home from work but didn't I say the other day that I wanted this to happen for me even more than I had before. Well it aint going to happen if I don't write.
I just hope that the fiction inspiration comes back soon.

2 comments:

Sheila Norton said...

It's difficult to feel inspired when you're tired isn't it, G.B. I hope you soon have some more ideas. Sometimes I find it helps to just sit at the computer and write whatever comes into my head. It's surprisingly relaxing and you can often use bits of the resulting jumble of thoughts!

Colette McCormick said...

Sadly the day job has to com first and I am under quite a lot of pressure there at the moment. Not that I'm complaining because in this current economic climate I know that I am lucky to still have a job. I'm having a day off tomorrow and hopefully some inspiration will come.
I think I'll give the random writing idea a go Olivia because it sounds interesting and who knows where it might lead.
Thanks