Thursday 27 August 2009

I slept and I did

Welcome all to my new blog "With ink from the pink pen."
I'm sure I have mentioned before that I write all my first drafts in long hand and this is the pen that I write them with.
I love this pen. Himself gave it to me so that's reason enough to love it but it also writes beautifully and has written most of the work that I have had published.
This is my homage to the pink pen.
Also you will notice that I have come out of the closet and declared to the world that I am indeed Colette McCormick but I declined to post a photograph. Wouldn't want to scare the kids. No, a picture of my pink pen is much better because that is so pretty.
I don't think that you'll notice any other changes. I'll still be talking the same rubbish that I always did.
I feel a bit like a butterfly emerging from a cocoon.

5 comments:

Grumpy Old Ken said...

Congratulations!
Re names, you don't need a change, yours is fine. Sounds very Irish, Sounds like the name of a romantic novelist. Famous one day perhaps?

Colette McCormick said...

Thanks Ken it is very Irish. I get to thank my dad for that.

Colette McCormick said...

What am I saying Ken? I am a fool. My dad can take no credit for my surname - that belongs to my husband. Suffice to say that my maiden name was just as if not more Irish - and there's nothing wrong with that.

Sheila Norton said...

Welcome to the Closet-Leavers, Colette! Nice to know you as a real person at last. And I think it's quite significant: no longer are you a Gonna-Be writer. You're a Writer. Congratulations!

Colette McCormick said...

It is actually very liberating being out of the closet. I'm glad I didn't do it before but happy that I've done it now - if that makes sense.