Thursday, 11 October 2007

Thanks to Womagwriter

Womagwriter recently tagged me for a meme. I've taken a few days to have a think about my answers so here goes.

Total number of books
I probably personally own (Himself would want no part of my Auten collection) about 100 books. However we have about 500 books in the house ( at least half of them in boxes because the bookshelves are full) so I'm never short of something to read.

Last book read
A pair of Blue Eyes by Thomas Hardy. It was a present from Himself for no reason other than he saw it and thought of me (that's what he tells me anyway.) Really good book and apparently a bit autobiographical.

Last book bought
Relics - Pip Vaughn Hughes. I've got no idea what it's about but Himself got very excited when I mentioned I'd seen it so I had to buy it for him. I honestly can't remember the last book I bought for myself.

5 Meaningful Books
The Girl with the Pearl Earring - Tracy Chevalier: An incredibly erotic book without any sex.

Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee - Dee Dee Williams: The true story of the Native American which is nothing like Hollywood.

Ghosts - Ed McBain: It introduced me to one of the best writers of dialogue that I have ever come across.

Tess of the D'Urbervilles -Thomas Hardy: I identified with Tess so much. I am probably the only person I know who understood her.

The Trial - Franz Kafka - I couldn't help but enjoy it even though I didn't know what was happening.

Now the hard part because every one I read has already been tagged before. But the blogs I read the most are Sally Quilford, Womagwriter, Cally Taylor, A Writer and Leigh Forbes. There are plenty more that I pop into now and again but these are the ones I read the most.

Thanks for the chance Woamgwriter

2 comments:

SallyQ said...

Interesting choices, Gonna b, and many that I haven't read but now want to.

I love Kafka's Metamorphosis, but haven't read The Trial, so that's one to look out for.

Gonna be a writer said...

Look out for it certainly but don't expect to understand it. Or if you do can you drop me a line and tell me what it was all about.