There is a very thought provoking post on Angel's blog about self worth.
I have to hold my hands up and say I'm as guilty as anyone of thinking that for one reason or another that I'm not worthy of any number of things. Why do we do that to ourselves?
When Himself and I took out special trip last year I found the most gorgeous notebook in a shop and my lovely husband wanted to buy it for me but I wouldn't let him. I said that I would never use it and I probably wouldn't. It was such a beautiful thing that it deserved beautiful writing and I didn't think no hang on I know that my handwriting would not do it justice.
Come to think of it I already have a beautiful notebook that's been sitting in a drawer for years. It has an angel on the front and the word "dreams." Does anyone else find the picture on the front of my book and the postee of the post that inspired this spooky. I think that I am meant to get that book out (I think I know which drawer it's in) and write in it. I won't beat myself up that my handwriting isn't beautiful as long as the thoughts are.
Angel also challenged us to come up with 10 positive things about ourselves which I am going to give that a go. Right here, right now.
1. I have hung onto the man of my dreams for nearly 30 years (Oh my God! how can it be that long?)
2. I have raised 2 strong, healthy independent young men.
3. I always say hello to the foreign bloke who I pass on the way to work. he plays the same tune over and over on the accordion and almost everybody ignores him.
4. I let my beautiful dog go when the time was right for her even though it broke my heart.
5. I make a wicked sponge cake.
6. When we all had to organise a fundraising "fun day" two weeks ago the one I organised beat the target we were given by 90% and was at least double that of any other in the area. (Sorry - that sounds like a boast but hey what's wrong with that? I worked bloomin' hard and I came up with a great idea so yes well done me.)
7. I held it together during the dark time a couple of years ago.
8. I passed my "speech" exam with distinction. I know that one might be hard to believe for anyone who has heard me speak but I swear it's true.
9. I can iron a shirt in less than a minute.
10. My Yorkshire Puddings always rise.
Good grief that was harder than I thought it would be. I know some of them are a bit feeble but it's all I can come up with.