Sunday, 23 November 2008

Since we last spoke

I've just realised that haven't posted anything on here for over a week even though I've visited my usual blogs almost every day. I don't know why that is other than maybe I've had nothing to say on the writing front.
I'm trying to remember what I've written since the last time I blogged and I've not completed anything new although I've pottered a bit with a couple of new ideas and I've submitted two short stories and an article. That's not so bad.
Himself and I went Christmas shopping on Thursday and got almost everything apart from each others which was very satisfying. I can't bear Christmas shopping. Well not so much the shopping as the queues.
I have my customary couple of hours free today (Sunday) for writing but before I get to that I have something else to work on. My good friend J (I won't mention her full name - you know, privacy and all that) has asked me to produce a piece of art for an exhibition that she is in charge of. It's all to do with "peace" and "lines of communication" and I have to say that I'm quite excited by it. It's still creative but totally different from what I would normally do. I will point out to you all though that I am not a visual artist in any way, shape or form. J knows this and still wants me to do it.
I'll try not to leave it so long next time.

2 comments:

Annie Wicking said...

How could you, GBW, not tell us more!

What is it a painting? Oils watercolours etc..

What are your ideas? have you sketched out your ideas... Maybe it's a photograph. Oh I want to know so much more, my dear daer friend.

Oh well, I shall pop back soon to see if you've enlightened us to your art work.

Good luck with your new project.

Best wishes,
Annie

Gonna be a writer said...

All in good time dear Annie. No just kidding. it will be photograph based. I can't draw a straight line to save my life and J knows that. Yet she still asked me to be part of this project.