Sunday 23 November 2008

Since we last spoke

I've just realised that haven't posted anything on here for over a week even though I've visited my usual blogs almost every day. I don't know why that is other than maybe I've had nothing to say on the writing front.
I'm trying to remember what I've written since the last time I blogged and I've not completed anything new although I've pottered a bit with a couple of new ideas and I've submitted two short stories and an article. That's not so bad.
Himself and I went Christmas shopping on Thursday and got almost everything apart from each others which was very satisfying. I can't bear Christmas shopping. Well not so much the shopping as the queues.
I have my customary couple of hours free today (Sunday) for writing but before I get to that I have something else to work on. My good friend J (I won't mention her full name - you know, privacy and all that) has asked me to produce a piece of art for an exhibition that she is in charge of. It's all to do with "peace" and "lines of communication" and I have to say that I'm quite excited by it. It's still creative but totally different from what I would normally do. I will point out to you all though that I am not a visual artist in any way, shape or form. J knows this and still wants me to do it.
I'll try not to leave it so long next time.

2 comments:

Annie Wicking said...

How could you, GBW, not tell us more!

What is it a painting? Oils watercolours etc..

What are your ideas? have you sketched out your ideas... Maybe it's a photograph. Oh I want to know so much more, my dear daer friend.

Oh well, I shall pop back soon to see if you've enlightened us to your art work.

Good luck with your new project.

Best wishes,
Annie

Colette McCormick said...

All in good time dear Annie. No just kidding. it will be photograph based. I can't draw a straight line to save my life and J knows that. Yet she still asked me to be part of this project.