Thursday 9 June 2011

First drafts and short memories.

After enjoying 2 days off its back to the salt mines this morning (ya boo hiss and all that) but before I go up the mountain I thought I'd read more of NMBK as part of the getting to know you again stage. As a first draft it is okay but there is a lot of polishing to do before it ever sees the light of day. Having said that the premise is good (I believe) and the emotion is there but the writing just needs to be tighter. Its full steam ahead though with the reading. I'm changing nothing and I'm going to get the whole of the first draft down before I go back and start tweaking.
Talking of work, some of you will remember that I was made redundant in March but was lucky enough to find another job in the same field but with a different charity. It surprises me to realise that sometimes its hard to remember that I ever worked for another charity or on another location. I am so pleased with the way my brain has just adjusted to my new situation. Maybe this was how I got over being dumped by whatever that very tall lad was called that I used to go out with when I was a teenager (sorry can't remember your name if you're reading this which is possible if HIGHLY unlikely). Sometimes having a short memory span comes in very handy.
Mountain here I come.

4 comments:

Paula RC said...

Glad to know NMBK is going well and you are settling into your new job well.

Have a great day.

Colette McCormick said...

Thanks Jarmara - hope you had a good day too.

Flowerpot said...

Good for you Colette on all fronts! And I agree it is amazing how quickly the brain adapts - it has to really.

Colette McCormick said...

Yes it is FP. I've found the ability to forget things that I'd rather not remember has come in very handy over the years.