Thursday, 15 January 2009

Nero here I come.

Remember back in December when I told you about my plan to set monthly objectives to get me where I want to be at the end of 2009?
Well I am happy to report that as of this morning I have completed my set objectives and am in a position to claim my reward. The objectives I set were:
1. Submit 3 ideas/articles/stories.
2. Edit 4 chapters of BTL.
I have just finished editing my 4th chapter after posting off my third story this morning. Well if I'm being perfectly honest it was 2 stories and a feature idea. I'm sure some of you may think that I didn't set myself enough to do but there is absolutely no point in setting unachievable goals and I am a great believer of easing oneself in gently.
In case you don't remember the reward that I said I would give myself it was half an hour in Cafe Nero's with a hot chocolate and a good book.
I'm not going to rush off a give myself the reward straight away though. I think that I shall anticipate it a little first.

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Well done, you.

It must give you a huge sense of achievement to hit a goal. I've yet to manage, always being overly ambitious in my target setting. Then, there's an inevitable sense of failure. I may adopt your method next time.

Enjoy your hot chocolate.

Gonna be a writer said...

You should adjust your targets. There's nothing like making one to motivate you.
Good luck.

Mummy said...

Hey well done you! That's fantastic. I think I've been a little too vague in goals, which has resulted in me not doing much so far. Maybe I should reassess!

Enjoy your time in Cafe Nero....mmmmm....have they stopped the amaretto lattes now Xmas is over I wonder...

Captain Black said...

Well done. I'm a great believer in the power of the carrot rather than the stick. In my case, I usually need to be motivated by carrots, then followed up with a pointy stick* if I fall behind.

Enjoy your trip to Café Nero. I go most Saturday mornings, though the one in Sutton is dead noisy, so you could never write there.

* (tm) © Lane.

Annie Wicking said...

Good luck with your submissons. It's great to feel you are hitting targets rather than feeling a failure.

Gonna be a writer said...

Even though Nero's is about 100 metres away from where I work I rarely go there so I don't know about the ameretto lattes but I'll have a look.
Keep away from sticks Captain, move towards the carrots. They count towards your 5 a day.
Thanks Annie.

Pat Posner said...

Well done, Gonna Be, and good luck with the submissions.

Enjoy your hot chocolate - you've earned it!

Gonna be a writer said...

Cheers Pat