Thursday 8 January 2009

Dull but true

Just thought that I would let you know that I did submit something this week, or rather I will in the morning. I've just printed it out and I will post it tomorrow.
It was while I was preparing to let you know this that I suddenly thought.
Why?
Will you be interested?
I hope so because all I can do is tell you what I'm doing. I can pass on a tip or two when I discover one but I don't feel qualified to offer advice. Obviously if someone asks me a question I can say what I think but I don't pretend to be an authority on anything.
All I can do is tell you what I've been up to with my writing and what I have done this week is edit a short story and print it.
Oh and yesterday I was looking through one of my notebooks and came across a plan for a story. I originally thought that it might be a good idea for a book but I'm not sure if it will have the legs to carry it to 70,000 words. Now I'm thinking that it could be a longer story for a fiction feast. It actually is a well thought out plan and I was really pleased with it.
That's been it though this week. Himself has been off work for a few days and we've been spending a lot of time together.
By saying what I have just said I'm not saying anything about anyone that does offer direct advice. I've learned so much from people that do. All I am saying that I don't feel that I can do this.
I suppose I'm also apologising for the fact that sometimes my blog might seem a bit dull compared to others. Dull but true.
And I thank anyone who reads what I write, I really appreciate it.

8 comments:

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Just like you, I feel I'm only qualified to offer my own opinion. So here goes: Your blog's great and I find your news about submissions etc very interesting.

Not knowing anyone in real life who writes, I find it can be a lonely life. Being able to read the opinions of others who also write makes me feel a part of things.

So keep it up. Please.

:-)

Jayne said...

Good luck with your submission. I haven't printed anything off so far in 2009. I hope you get an acceptance. :)

Annie Wicking said...

Hey, I drop by because I want to know what you've been up to and I don't find it dull or uninteresting.

It's great that you and your no1 fan have had sometime together.

I hope all goes well with your story. Please let us know how you get on with it.

Best wishes,
Annie

Karen said...

Definitely not dull - honest yes. I enjoy reading your blog and have also picked up some nuggets along the way, so just keep doing what you're doing and I'll keep on reading :o)

Colette McCormick said...

Thank you so much all of you. I'm glad that you came by today.

Anonymous said...

I always find your blog interesting. I like to (try to) keep up with what all my writing/blogging friends and colleagues are up to. I also like the way we help each other with our writing efforts, whether expert or rank amateur like myself. I hope we all do more of the same in 2009...

Kath McGurl said...

Offering your own take on things is all anyone can do. I enjoy popping into your blog and seeing what you've been up to. Don't apologise for it!

Colette McCormick said...

Thanks for the lovely things you have all said. I certainly will continue to tell you what I'm up to etc.