Tuesday, 9 December 2008

Oh no not another one.

Following the rejection emails I received in the past two days you can imagine what I thought when I saw a message from an editor sitting in my inbox this afternoon. But, I thought bravely, best open it and get it over with. At least it was from Jill Finlay and she writes the best rejection emails I have ever had. She trys to find something positive and always lets you down gently so it wouldn't be so bad.
I while I still maintain that Jill writes great rejection emails, she writes even better acceptance ones.
Yes, you've understood me correctly. I've sold a story. It seems like ages since I was able to say that (I'd need to check my WW file to give you the exact length of time but it's been too long.)
I could barely keep the smile off my face all afternoon. And there's nothing like a bit of success for spurring you on.
Thanks Jill.

8 comments:

KAREN said...

I know what you mean about Jill's nice rejections, having had a couple myself, but that's great news! Well done :o)

Gonna be a writer said...

They are encouraging even when they're letting yo down and it does make me wonder why more editors aren't like that.

Captain Black said...

Well done. That's a nice Xmas present.

Gonna be a writer said...

It certainly is.

Annie Wicking said...

Great news my dear friend! I'm sorry I haven't been around much to hear your good news early.

Best wishes,
Annie

Gonna be a writer said...

No problem Annie. Been up to anything intersetsing?

womagwriter said...

Well done Gonna Be!

Gonna be a writer said...

Thanks Womag. It does the soul good.