Tuesday, 19 February 2008

Yukky jobs and emails

Todays yukky job was to clean the cooker (URRGGHHH.) It's not really a long job it's just a messy job which is why I tend to put it off. Anyway, its done now and the rest of the day is my own.
I have also this morning typed up a story that I finished last night so I am feeling like I have achieved something today already and its not even 10 o'clock yet. Imagine what I could have achieved if I hadn't spent half an hour trawling the internet and checking emails for acceptances that weren't there. Well you never know, I have a few pieces submitted in other countries in different time zones, there might have been an email that I needed to see.
In all seriousness though, I wonder how much time I waste surfing the net and checking emails./ Do I really need to do that every day? I was reading an interview with a prolific author who said that they never check their email on a writing day. I suppose the difference is that they have made it and I'm just hoping that a short story is accepted an a paying magazine.

2 comments:

motherx said...

Cleaning!!! whats that? uggh. Well good luck with it. I had a short story returned today but will send it out again by end of the week...if my negative side doesnt kick in first!

Gonna be a writer said...

kick your negative side as far as you can motherx. I've had at least 2 rejected stories accepted by other magazines. And the ones that accepted them paid better than the ones that rejected them so that was a bonus.
As for cleaning - its something to be endured but only as infrequently as you possibly can.