Thursday 31 January 2008

A look back at January

So it's the end of the month and I thought this would be as good a time as any to evaluate the the first writing month of the year.
I submitted 12 pieces of work to various places which is well above the minimum of 5 a month that I set myself. Not all of them were new things, some were stories that were from the work in progress folder so that was something else that I wanted to do. I did produce at least one new piece of work each week. I also worked on my novel NMBK. By the time I'd edited and deleted what I'd written it was probably only about 1000 words but bearing in mind that I haven't worked on it for ages it was something to build on.
The only thing missing from this month was an acceptance - unfortuanately there was a rejection or two. But you have to risk the latter to get the former so it goes with the territory.
Overall though, I think I am pleased with the way that this month has gone. I think I give myself an 8/10 which is a high score to live up to.

2 comments:

Moondreamer said...

Well done and good luck with the submissions, Gonna Be!

Off task, I have tagged you for a Meme. It isn't one I was tagged with, I found it on my travels. I hope it's ok to do that!

No pressure, anyway :o)

Colette McCormick said...

thanks moondreamer - of course it's okay to do that. You can do whatever you like around here. I'll have a look at it later because I'm supposed ti be doing the day job at the moment.