Monday, 22 July 2013

The novice I really am

I have a question and I know it's going to make me look an absolute novice but why not eh because that's what I am. I don't know the answer to this but I know that one of you will so I'd really appreciate the help.
I have a story that an editor has accepted "subject to the changes marked on the attached." The "attached" referred to is the story that I sent them. It has been returned with red marks on saying this word deleted or that word changed etc. My question is do I change the things marked and return it to them or will they do it?

7 comments:

Frances Garrood said...

It sounds to me that they want you to make the changes, Colette, although I agree it's ambiguous. I would either email or phone for clarification. Good luck!

Debbie said...

I don't know, but I'd assume they'd change it. Maybe reply that you're happy for them to make the changes.

I'm a novice too. :)

Colette McCormick said...

I'm glad its not just me that was confuse. I'll contact them tomorrow. Thanks

Colette McCormick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Captain Black said...

I agree with Frances. Don't assume anything, novice or otherwise, ask for clarification.

Kath said...

Good news, anyway! x

Colette McCormick said...

I've had a problem with my email for the last couple of days so I haven't been able to retrieve the contact details but I'll be in touch with them tomorrow.
Yes it was good news. Well it cheered me up.