Sunday 7 October 2012

Sabbaticals and lessons learned

I changed the look of my blog  but I'm not sure if I like it or not yet. I'm not going to be around Blogland after today until next weekend so maybe I'll leave it and look at it with new eyes then. They won't literally be "new eyes" obviously. I mean, the reason that I'm not going to be around isn't because I'm having radical eye surgery or anything, no they will be metaphorical "new eyes."
These few days away from Blogland (and all things technological) is something that happens annually and for the last 2 years my witing "life" has changed after it. Two years ago I decided that I would concentrate on writing non fiction and had found a regular outlet and I spent the following year doing just that. After last years sabbatical I switched the computer on to discover an email waiting for me saying that said outlet was no longer in operation and that I had lost my market. If nothing else, that taught me the lesson that you shouldn't put all of your eggs in one basket. I have spent the last year doing nothing in particular writing wise so I can't help wondering what will happen after this years technology-less few days.
So I will see you all next week and I will leave you with this photograph.
 
 

4 comments:

Teresa Ashby said...

What a good idea - to take time out and rethink things!
Hope you enjoy your techno-free week.
I love the picture - and I love the new look blog! x

Paula RC said...

Hi Colette, I like your change but not the font. It not easy to read, maybe try a darker colour or bolder font. Have you thought about writing non fiction articles for People's Friend?

Unknown said...

very nice blog. thanks good luck

Colette McCormick said...

Theresa - life is so quick these days that it does the brain good to step away from time to time. Glad you like the changes - its a WIP
Paula - You were right about the font and I changed that. As it happens I have come back with a couple of ideas for non fiction articles that may well interest the Friend.