Monday 27 August 2012

Finding positives.

Well, there's still no sign of the two stories that I sent to PF over a week ago which is definite progress given my track record with them so thats good. Also on a positive note I filed my tax return for the writing I did last year and paid the bill and while the extra tax revenue won't have had George Osborne doing cartwheels I feel better that it is filed and paid. If I ever meet Sir Philip Green (highly unlikely I grant you) I will take great pleasure in telling him that me and the tax man are square and then ask him if he can say the same. Also (also) on a positive note I started a new short story. "So what's the big deal about that?" you may ask especially those of you that do that on a weekly if not almost daily basis. Well the big deal my friends is that it is the first new short story that I have started/worked on in almost two years. I have finally climbed back in the saddle so I fully expect a little soreness later on.

6 comments:

Frances Garrood said...

Enjoy the ride, Colette, and good luck! (can I humbly request that you get rid of word verification? I am hopeless at it. Maybe I'm a robot...)

Colette McCormick said...

Thanks Frances - and as for your request I would if I knew how. You may be a robot but I am definitely a technodunce.

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Still keeping fingers crossed.

xx

Colette McCormick said...

Cheers Suzanne.

Pat Posner said...

Fingers crossed here, too.

Colette McCormick said...

Thanks Pat