Thursday 16 September 2010

This and that

Okay, so what has happened since the last time that I was here? Well I got another rejection but that came as no surprise because if you remember the last time I got a rejection I said that I knew what the problem was and feared that the other story that they were holding had the same one. Clearly it did.

I've also been "getting on" with a few of the things that I mentioned the other day. I have submitted 2 stories and have another just waiting to be dropped into the post box. I've also done some research on a couple of articles and even looked at a possible agent for BTL. I'm just not sure if I'm ready to let that baby fly yet.

Thursday is usually a good writing day for me but I fear that won't be the case today. I have to go out at one o'clock and will be out for the rest of the afternoon. Before that I have to walk the dog and as I've been up since 5am I might try and fit in a nap. I hate waking uo early because I spend most of the time tired enough as it is but when I've been up early I'll be no good to anyone after about 6pm. I might get an hour or so's writing in tonight if I can stay awake that long.

Right so I'm going to print off the cover sheet that I forgot to do when I printed the rest of the story out yesterday and post my latest mini masterpiece off as I walk the dog. Did you see that? Two birds with one stone. Now if I could only sleep walk the dog I'd be laughing.

9 comments:

Flowerpot said...

I was awake at 5 too but didn't get up then. Good luck wiht the submissions - and dog walking - and everything! Take care.

Cheryl said...

lol if only i could sleep everything. Good luck with the stories. I have 5 out there now all of which are W2W ones. I'm hoping for good group news soon x

Flowerpot said...

Sorry you are waking up so early. I've been awake at 5am this week too - infuriating. Best of luck with your submissions - keep at it! x

Paula RC said...

How I wish I could do two things at once. Good luck with your masterpieces, my dear friend.

jenny wilson said...

sorry to hear about your rejections, keep at itx

HelenMWalters said...

Good luck with your latest submissions.

Colette McCormick said...

FP - It did suck being awake so early but thankfully it doesn't happen to me very often.
Lily - here's hoping for some good group news soon - a couple of mine are W2W
Jarmara - thanks. I guess a 5am start would seem pretty late to you.
Jenny - it happens. Just got to dust yourself down and try again.
Helen - thanks

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Ooodles of luck with the new subs.

XX

Colette McCormick said...

Cheers Suzanne