Sunday 22 August 2010

Quiet time

Maybe its because its summer but there doesn't seem to be a lot happening at the moment.
I sent one of the stories that I mentioned the other day off but on reflection I decided that the onthe one wasn't ready yet so why waste a stamp on it. I'll have a look at it in the next week or two and then send it off. I have been concentrating on the project that has the deadline of September 2nd because by its very nature it is something that I have agreed to do by a certain time - and they'll pay me for it which is even better.
I had wanted to start a short story this week but inspiration just isn't coming my way. I have also been quite harsh on myself. I was working on a couple of non fiction projects but when I looked at them objectively I realise dthat they weren't up to scratch. Once upon a time I would have ploughed on regardless with the blind hope that an editor would think that it was better than it actually was. Experience has taught me that that isn't the case and so I stopped wasting effort on them I think that the ideas are still valid but I just need to approach them from a different direction.
I had a dream the other night that I was resigning from work because I had to work full time as a writer to fulfil my commitments. I was so scared in my dream that God help me if I ever had to do that.
I've also been under a bit of a cloud personally.Don't know why - hormones probably - it gets the blame for everything else. However I am happy to report that the cloud has lifted a bit over the last couple of days.
Thats it really. Sorry its so dull.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad your cloud has lifted a bit, Colette - hormones are the devil! :-)

And good luck with the story you've sent out there x

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

I blame hormones for everything wrong with me, too. Glad the cloud has lifted a bit.

XX

Colette McCormick said...

Thanks Ladies.
Amanda - Hormones are indeed the devil's work.
Suzanne - they do come in handy when I need something to blame but to be honest they usually are the cause.