Monday 26 May 2008

A new character

I've just been having a rummage through my work in progress folder and come across some things I'd forgotten about. Now that I see them again I remember having the ideas but I had forgotten that I'd ever had them (if that makes sense.) One of the best things that I came across was an outline for a character. I love her. Unfortunately I didn't know what to do with her then and I still don't. Oh well, something might come to me.
I also came across a poem that I wrote about a million years ago but which is missing one line. I'm going to try and come up with that line this week and get that tatty bit of paper out of the WIP folder. And I found an address that I'd meant to send something to so I'm going to check that out too.
I haven't gone through the rest yet. I wonder what else is in there. Hopefully the nugget that's going to make me a household name. Having said that I don't know if I would want to be a household name.I'm quite a private person and I don't know how easily I would deal with mega success. I'll not worry about that until it happens though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like finding old material to work on. It's amazing what you almost throw away isn't it? I recently worked on a piece I started in the eighties. It's a bit naff but I found it strangely therapeutic. I think the American's would call it closure.

I hope you find a use for your new character. If not, then can I steal her? I'm not very good at character development ;oP

Colette McCormick said...

I hope that I find something for her too because I love her.