Sunday 18 May 2008

My week

Like I said in my last post there's been upheaval at work this week and it has been quite big so I haven't been left with much time or energy to write. In fact, I'm sorry to say that I have hardly thought about writing. I did enter a competition the other day though so the week wasn't a total write off (no pun intended.) This morning however I started to work on the new idea that I was so excited about last weekend. I've only written a few hundred words but I'm happy with them. Without realising it I've given my central character a couple of traits that will come in very handy later on. I hadn't meant to make her that way it was just how she turned out.
I'm going to try and get my head around some serious writing this week. What's happening at work will continue to happen regardless of me so I may as well take my mind off it by doing something that I enjoy.
I am pleased to tell you all that the other thing that occupied my mind this week, namely the surgery to the dogs nether regions has turned out okay. he was back at the vets on Friday for a post op check and they were happy with the way that it is healing. the vet said "They're still a bit red," which made me laugh. What does he think his would look like only 3 days after surgery?

No comments: