Friday 13 January 2017

New Year New Start

New year new start and all that isn't that what they say. Not quite sure who 'they' are but they seem to know what they/re talking about.
As far as I can see (though I've had nothing from the publishers yet) 'Things I Should Have Said and Done' is not yet setting the literary world on fire. So, with the dawn of the new year I decided to grasp the nettle and publicise it more. Someone who read it said that I should so I'm taking their advice. Thank you very much 'GB of Brandon.'
I was interviewed by the editor of the local paper that comes out in the Dales last week and there will be an article plus a review in the edition out on 25th of this month. It's not The Times Literary Supplement but its a start. Actually, Anita the editor was lovely and when she offered to do the piece I nearly snatched her hand off. I've also applied to go and speak to the WI. A writer of note (and dozens of books suggested that I do that and I have to say the process is a bit daunting. You fill the form in, telling them what you're going to talk about, then there's how long you'll speak for and your fee etc. etc. I've done all that and now I'm just waiting for it to go before the committee.
I've never liked being the centre of attention so I'm finding it a bit hard to get my head around.
On a different note, my current WIP has had a third (or is it fourth) and FINAL incarnation but I finally feel happy with it.
On that note I have half an hour before I need to go and make lunch (I do that on my day's off from the day job) and I'm eager to go and see what Danny is up to.

No comments: