Tuesday 5 June 2012

Waiting game

Still no news about any of the things that I have out there. Don't you just hate the waiting? I do but what can you do - it's all part of the game. I'm at a bit of a loose end on the big project front. My "Nice" project is finished and out there so what do I do next? Well there are a couple of large bits in the WIP folder but I'm not sure which of those grabs me so to speak so maybe I'll have to come up with a new one. NO NO NO!!! For God's sake stop procrastinating woman and get on with it. They are all perfectly decent ideas that just need developing which they won't do on their own. Okay,that's the personal pep talk, rant, call it what you will over. I also have a short story that I have just finished which needs polishing and sending off and then I guess the waiting game will begin with that one too. This is an extra day off work for me and I have been forbidden from ironing, window cleaning etc so maybe its time to get my head down and do something creative.

3 comments:

Diane Fordham said...

Hi Colette - I agree, not much fun playing this waiting game but as you say what can you do? I guess we keep busy and keep on writing and hopefully it all falls into place and before we know it the acceptances keep rolling it. Yes, I like to dream on, lol. I'm glad I'm not alone. Hugs Colette x

Flowerpot said...

I hope you were able to, colette!

Colette McCormick said...

Diane - we've all got to have a dream.
FP - I was (I think)